Heat Waves Soaring High – Tips To Keep Your Pet Cool
Recently, the mercury is raising too high, and this has brought in a lot of health conditions not only in humans but also in animals. With the temperatures soaring high, it becomes quite difficult for us to tolerate and even the animals suffer due to this.
During heat wave it is essential that you take proper care of your pet and ensure that his/her health is not affected due to sudden rise in temperature. Here are a few tips that help you safeguard your pet from the dangerous effect of heat wave.
Ways To Keep Your Pet Cool In Heat Wave This Summer
- During high temperatures, keep your pooch indoors in well air-conditioned spaces as much as possible. Limit the exposer to outer hotter environment.
- If you are a fashion freak and always try to have some fancy stuff on your furry pal, it is high time to remove all those stuff – including clothes and other accessories.
- Get well acquainted with dog/ cat’s medical conditions that may occur due to over exposure to heat such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke to avoid your pet’s health condition.
- Avoid playtime or exercising your pooch during the warmest part of the day. If it’s not necessary, do not put your dog to exercise.
- If you have to take your pooch outside for a walk, try to do it early in the morning or late in the evening hours.
- Arrange a baby pool tank for your dog to keep them cool and protect from the intense heat wave. Playing in the pool is not only fun but also safeguards them from heat stroke or other heat effects.
- Ensure to provide lot of fresh drinking water to your furry pal.
- Call animal emergency center, if you find your pet is showing the symptoms of heat stroke, which includes constant panting, hard breathing, nausea, high body temperature, vomiting and racing heart rate.
- Take care that you never leave your pet alone in a car under any circumstance. This is especially dangerous during high temperatures when a car’s interior can reach lethal temperatures in just few minutes.
- If your dog is an outdoor pet provide shade and keep them indoors when it’s extremely hot.
Following these few tips can help you lot in fighting against the heat wave and fanning your pet to safety. What things you do to keep your furry friend safe during the heat wave? Do share.