DIY Christmas Dog Treat Recipes for Dogs
One of the best things about Christmas is the food. We prepare varieties of delicacies for family and friends and enjoy the mega feast together. However, we cannot let our furry buddies feel left out when it comes to lip-smacking Christmas special treats because why should humans have all the fun. Therefore, on this Christmas, bake some amazing cookies for your dog. These are the DIY Christmas Cookie recipes that will make your pet go gaga. So, let’s have a sneak-peek into it.
Snowflake Cookie Dog Treat Recipe
This recipe is perfectly suitable if you are looking for baking a simple yet tasty treat for your Fido.
- 1 1/4th cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- Preheat the oven at 175 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, honey and vegetable oil.
- Add rice flour in that bowl and mix well to form a dough.
- Roll the dough onto the flat surface.
- Cut the cookies using a pizza cutter and place them on a baking tray.
- Bake cookies until it becomes golden.
- Let the cookies dry.
- You’re all set to serve freshly baked cookies to your pooch.
Green Spinach Dog Treat Recipe
The spinach cookie recipe is an amazing blend of wholesome ingredients and fine taste which is very easy to bake. The green-colored cookies will surely attract your pup.
- 1 package of frozen spinach
- 2 cups rolled oat flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley
- A few drops of peppermint extract
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the broiler to 350º.
- Defrost a bundle of frozen spinach in the microwave.
- Drain the spinach and press the spinach into a colander, crush with your hands, or press into a tea towel. This will guarantee your treats aren’t excessively spongy.
- Sort the dried spinach in the food processor and grind until spinach is completely pureed. This will make cutting treats simpler. If you avoid this step, then your treats will simply be somewhat shaggy and stringy around the edges.
- Add the flours, chlorophyll, and parsley and pulse to join well.
- Include the fruit purée, peppermint, and eggs and pulse until mixture forms.
- Move the mixture to a board and add flour and work until prepared for treat cutting.
- Add cranberries to cut treats as you like for extravagant designing purposes.
- Keep the dough secured to prevent drying out between clusters.
Red Cranberry Dog Treat Recipe
Add some festive color to make your dog’s special treat this Christmas. Make the red and tangy cranberry cookies for your pup to see that wagging tail after he gobbles the cookies.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups rolled oat flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- ½ cup plain applesauce
- 1 ½ cup dried low sugar cranberries
- You can also add natural red food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- For 2 minutes, microwave the cranberries and applesauce together until defrosted.
- Thoroughly blend the fruit mixture into a food processor.
- Add flours, dried cranberries, eggs and coconut oil and grind until the dough comes together.
- Ensure to make the dough non-sticky so you can add the required flour to get fine texture.
- Keep the dough covered to prevent drying out between cookies batches.
- Use a pizza cutter or knife to slice the cookies.
- Bake the cookies until they’re ready.
- Serve it to your pup and see that happiness on his face!
Fruit and Nut Cookies For Dogs
On this Christmas, fill your pup’s plate with healthy and tasty Fruit and Nut cookies. Give him a quintessential blend of whole ingredients, natural toppings, and awesome taste.
- 1 cup rice flour or all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 3½ teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon organic honey
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped organic dried cranberries
- In a bowl, mix the flour, applesauce, baking powder, olive oil and honey. Stir well until it blends properly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Knead the dough and roll out to about an inch thick.
- Cut treats with a cookie cutter and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Before putting the cookies in the oven, firmly press a few pieces of pumpkin seeds and chopped dried cranberries on top of each cookie.
- Bake until treats are firm upon touch or you can bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and allow it to cool down for about 20-30 minutes.
- The tasty fruit and nut cookies are ready to serve to your Fido.
Try out these easy and amazing recipes this Christmas. Give something special to your pet and make a special batch of holiday treats for your Fido during this holiday season.